Highly creative, forward thinking, and passionate Director of Marketing with proven track record coupled with strong technical, management and business skills. Over fifteen years experience of traditional and digital marketing in software, SaaS, IaaS, domain names, and manufacturing industry, including product management, development, and product marketing, excellent presentation/oral and written skills. The magic of marketing is understanding the company's competitive advantage through valuable, rare, and non-substitutable capabilities then creating
and deliverying a superior value proposition to a target set of customers at the right time.
Objective: To obtain a challenging position where my strategic marketing and management background will elevate the company’s portfolio of products and services to achieve greater market share and mindshare.
Location: Currently resides in the Greater Philadelphia area, but has worked in VA/DC & NYC.
- Core competencies include Product Marketing, Product Management, Branding and Demand Gen.
- Over ten years in Marketing Communications, lead strategic branding and PR efforts for established nonprofit organizations as well as global commercial companies.
- Keynote and Guest Speaker at Internet Summit, International Crisis and Risk Communication Conference, CIVICUS World Assembly, and eAsia Conference.
- Extensive experience in advertising and go-to-market execution.
- Implemented CRM system and marketing automation systems.
Sagent Lending Technologies (partially owned by Fiserv) www.sagentlending.com – King of Prussia, PA
Industry: Lending Software Provider
Position: Director of Marketing (1/2017- 11/2019)
Responsibilities: Created and executed go-to-marketing strategy for Sagent Lending Solutions. Provided direction for product marketing, marketing operations (CRM, marketing automation, website and intranet), social media, thought leadership, and spearheaded demand generation campaigns. Led the branding of Sagent Lending Technologies after the spinoff from Fiserv.
- Deployed new CRM and Marketing Automation platform to improve digital marketing.
- Executed go-to-market strategy for products and services in collaboration with sales and product team using Pragmatic and SiriusDecisions framework.
- For trade shows, created the right display and promotion that hits the mark to achieving the desired ROI.
- Managed content calendar, SEM, SEO, and social media.
- Researched, produced, and published content to meet a strategic goal.
- Aligned the marketing team, established a performance culture, built competencies, improved employee performance and development.
- Implemented Account Based Marketing (ABM).
- Conducted extensive persona work as well as identifying key target audience by name.
- Evaluated market conditions, identified competitor’s strengths and weaknesses, assessed potential market size and customer segments and needs, barriers to entry and external threats/disruptions such as new entrants or substitute products/services.
- Developed enterprise level programs for content creation, curation, publishing, distribution and governance.
- Developed campaigns to capture new business and to upsell to existing clients.
- Designed and implemented qualified lead generation strategies to improve conversion.
- $73M pipeline contribution since 2017 and 20% conversion ($15M closed in 2018).
Sungard Availability Services. www.sungardas.com – Wayne, PA
Industry: IT Infrastructure and Recovery Services Provider
Position: Product & Regional Marketing Manager (5/2014- 12/2016)
Responsibilities: Developed go-to-market strategy for Disaster Recover-as-a-Service in coordination with enhancements and scheduled releases. Created launch and marketing plans, starting with target market identification, value messaging, and translating them into tactical activities. Provide support for key PR initiatives, analyst relations, and campaign execution to increase market awareness and lead generation.
- Assisted in creating $23M in annual pipeline revenue through demand gen campaigns.
- Collaborated with sales to close $5.3M revenue targets for Recovery-as-a-Services.
- Developed and led the messaging and branding for core services such as DRaaS, SAP HANA, Certified Hosting, and Private Cloud.
- Developed and nurture channel and alliance marketing programs.
- Delivered content to supported inbound and outbound campaigns (programs, digital, thought leadership, interactive assets) and guide corrective action.
- Drove thought-leadership and launch strategy and associated content (Blogs, SEM articles, speaking engagements as appropriate).
- Supported sales enablement content and maintain alignment with overall corporate messaging.
.ORG, The Public Interest Registry. www.pir.org – Chester Springs, PA & Reston, VA
Industry: Internet Domain Registry
Position: Marketing & Communications Director (9/2009- 11/2013)
Responsibilities: Managed a wide array of initiatives to promote the strong .ORG brand and launched the new .NGO top-level domain extension, solidifying PIR as the definitive domain registry for nonprofits worldwide, at the same time, positioned PIR at the forefront of Internet security advocacy, such as DNSSEC.
- Increased .ORG Share of Voice by 300%, with monthly average of 4.2 million media impressions with PR, analyst outreach, and relevant industry content.
- Launched .NGO, a new top-level domain name for global nonprofits with partners, such as registrars, resource centers, and industry publications and analysts.
- Created and implemented social media and digital strategies for .ORG and .NGO. Develop corporate presentation and pitch decks.
- Develop company newsletters/industry domain name reports. Collaborated with Legal/Policy team on Security initiatives, ICANN compliance issues.
- Created collaboration space and venue for working groups and councils (RISG, NCUC, DNSSEC Coalition). Lead the company’s conference and event activities and related speaking opportunities.
- Producer of the Digital Citizen, a short film.
TallyGenicom, LP. www.tallygenicom.com – Chantilly, Virginia
Industry: Printer and Printer Supply Manufacturer
Position: Director of Marketing and Global Internet Manager (3/2002- 8/2009)
Responsibilities: Developed digital and traditional marketing, communications and e-commerce strategy for selling printers and supplies to the public and to partners to fifteen countries. Managed marketing budget, tracked ROI, perform executive and partner presentations.
- Developed web and traditional B2B marketing strategies for product launches and promotions, including PR initiatives.
- Increase the company’s “share of voice” by 65% annually
- Launch suppliesmax.com (B2C) in 2002, achieved $120K/month revenue.
Dun & Bradstreet Hoovers www.hoovers.com – Reston, Virginia
Industry: The Business Network - online publisher of company capsules and profiles
Position: Senior Product Development Manager (5/2000- 2/2002)
Responsibilities: Product Manager for Newsstand/EIP, a content management platform, including leading new product development to increase revenue and profitability.
- Developed a strategic marketing plan for Newsstand/EIP to achieve annual growth of 20%.
- Presented and launched Hoover’s EIP offering at LotusPhere in 2001. Hoover’s EIP portals sold over 26,000 seat licenses during LotusPhere.
- Promoted an open architecture environment, de-emphasizing the use of proprietary development language within the organization to more recognized standards such as PHP and Java.
Questel (Orange/France Telecom) www.questel.orbit.com – McLean, VA
Industry: Database publisher, specializing in intellectual property information
Position: Worldwide Internet Product Manager (3/1998- 5/2000)
Responsibilities: Product/Project Manager for QPAT, the next generation of Internet search engines for Intellectual Property information, including the complete restructuring of the infrastructure for a subscription based online service, from technical development to strategic marketing implementation.
- Implemented a new “site license” price structure that increased the historical high single subscription cost from $10,000 to $35,000. QPAT became the first true e-commerce site for the industry, with credit card billing and online registration in 1999.
- QPAT.COM V2 is the industry benchmark for Intellectual Property search service on the web. CDN Online Product Awards-Finalist for 1999 Canadian Internet Product of the Year.
- Successfully launched site licenses for companies such as Motorola, 3M, Baxter Healthcare, Chevron, GM, and Exxon.
Richardson Brands Company www.richardsonbrands.com – Miami, Florida
Industry: Confectionery Manufacturer- After Dinner®, Bonkers!® ,Tattoo Champ®
Position: Sales & Marketing Planning Manager (10/1994 – 7/1997)
Responsibilities: NManaged new product development process, conducted sales analysis, market research, PR, tradeshows, and brand management.
- Successfully launched 7 national BC2 products, sold through retailers such as Wal-Mart, CVS.
- Organized annual, national trade shows. Revitalizing the company’s corporate image by purchasing a new booth, introducing show promotions and incentives.
- Created and conducted the “Neighborhood Test Track” retail market research for new product launches.
Freelance Copywriter – New York, New York
Industry: Advertising copywriter for hire
Position: Freelance copywriter (6/1992- 4/1993)
- J. Walter Thompson
- Foot, Cone & Belding
- AD Venture Video Production.
University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana
Degree: Bachelor of Business Administration-Marketing
Graduation: May 1992
American University, Paris, France
International Marketing Study -Brand Marketing, Strategic Planning
|Distinctions: Dean’s List 1992. Asian Club President 1989-90. Notre Dame Fencing 1988-91. NJ Winner of VFW “Voices of Democracy” 1988.
Interests: Golf. Tennis. Nature. Reading. Writing. Cars. Music. Foreign Films.
|Fluent in French, Vietnamese, English.
Deliver on results today, build for tomorrow. Energize the team; the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Perform with excellence. Create with purpose and passion to benefit customers.